Notes on Political Venality, Pomposity and Associated Stupidity.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Intelligant Design and Bart the Interstallar Locust

I have an offer to all people who want to teach "creationism" or "intelligent design" (never did two terms deserve quotation marks more!) in schools. The deal is this;

I will agree that America's children can be taught ID, as long as you agree with me that the intelligence behind ID came from a large, interstellar locust by the name of Bart. In other words, Bart=God. My guess is, I won't get too many takers.

Why? Because the radical right wing crowds pressing this ridiculous agenda aren't suggesting that there is a supreme locust, they are insisting that only the Christian concept of a supreme-being, in the form of God (along with his supposed son, Jesus Christ) be accepted as the only form of ID. How intelligent is that? I mean, don't these people themselves disprove the concept? If the design was so darned smart, The Big G would never had designed cell structure that could mutate into a right wing nutball....