Notes on Political Venality, Pomposity and Associated Stupidity.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Scalia Listen To Mia

Here's a word of advice for Justice Antonin Scalia. Shut up.

As a employee of mine (as a US citizen) I don't want you to make any public speaking engagements whatsoever. Ever. We pay you enough, don't we? Unlike the rest of us, you have a job for life. RIght?

I want you to stay at home, play hearts on the weekend, maybe do a little fishing and bascially strike a low profile.

Why? Because if you go out and continue to blather, you will continue to say things that will effect your ability to rule as a Justice...and that will mean you'll have to recuse yourself...and that will mean that the 300-million citizens of the United States are being given the back of your hand. And, speaking just for myself here, I don't like it.

If you want to talk about the Gitmo tribunals in private, while playing poker and noshing some salted peanuts, have at it. But don't you dare go out in public and open your trap.

And trust me, Mr. Scalia, I say this with upmost respect. I fully understand your position as Chief Blabbermouth of the Supreme Court.