Notes on Political Venality, Pomposity and Associated Stupidity.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Edwards, Cancer and Politics

The John and Elizabeth Edwards Show on "60 Minutes" was, to my mind, a bit odd.

It was half confessional, half evangelical. And not in a religious, right-wing sense. Both husband and wife seemed determined to turn this human tragedy into some sort of odd political "opportunity." The way gigantic problems are term "challenges" in this politically-correct world.

And I like Edwards. I like what he stands for and they positions he's taken, mostly.

Is he a bit too glib? Maybe. But I'm an old fart, so that might figure in. Funny thing is; I started out not trusting anyone over 30...and now it's the other way around.

Will Ms. Edward's disease be the death of his campaign? Yes, I think so. Hard core supporters will hang tough, but others will shift to Obama or Clintor or....Gore.

Truth is. I think Gore is the new front runner. You heard it here first.